Thursday, January 28, 2016

62 days!

Making Papusas!
Star Wars! It'll be out when I get home, right?


Russian Chocolate from Armenian contacts.

Pday games with our animal blankets.

15 yr old sketch of Sister Day
Hey familia!

Familia "Al" may be getting baptized this Sunday. I love those kidddos and family soooo much! Long story short, they actually are in the Burbank ward boundaries but we have been having appointments with them. Miscommunication is difficult to deal with sometimes, but I'm learning to work through it when it happens. I am just so very happy for them!

Oh so this is strange, but I want to paint a fence. Like in videos showing missionaries performing service, there are always some painting a fence! I want to paint a fence! Guess what? We have a time this Saturday. To. Paint. A. Fence. I'm stoked!

Our investigator "D" is so incredible! She is so excited for her baptism! She has a quite a store of being prepared- the other night when we taught the Word of Wisdom, she said, "Phaw, smoking! I stopped smoking weeks ago when I realized that it only made my cold and asthma worse!"
Then we mentioned cafe (coffee) mandamiento. She says,   "Ha. I found out the other month that coffee is bad for my arthritis, so I haven't had a cup since. I never drink it anyway." 

WOW!!  So prepared! The lord truly does place the elect and prepare people who are sooo ready and willing to receive the gospel into your path! 

Oh! Almost forgot! We had a world-wide missionary training broadcast the other day and we got to do it with the whole mission. It was fun! We learned about teaching repentance and baptizing converts. With some more studies and experiences, we're all going to be rock star missionaries soon enough! This work is hastening!

I love missionary work and am so thankful for this opportunity to be serving a mission---it's seriously the greatest thing that has happened in my life yet.

I was thinking about the night before I left on my mission, and how crazy emotional I was and how fearful I was of the unknown. It about paralyzed me. I was crying on your shoulder, Mom! I now look back and realize that I am having in the greatest moments of my life yet. I can conquer doubt and fear, put my faith first, lean on and trust the Lord. Then it hit me that the future holds even better life moments as I move forward faithfully. New doors and opportunities will open to me.

Love you all! Have an amazing week! Big hugs!


Con carino,  Hermana Day

No comments:

Post a Comment