Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Embrace God's Grace


Mustaches with Angie

Visiting Seventy General Authority

Hermana Orellana, Angie's Mom

Beautiful Day for Angie; Orellana Family, Hermana Day and Barfuss
September 7, 2015

Hola Hola a todos!

First off, it was only over 100 degrees ONCE this week, so we were able to bike around nice and cool-ey in 95 degree weather. Autumn is coming to Cali!

I found an amazing scripture in Isaiah this week that really touched my heart and described the promises/blessings that come from putting our all into this work. 

"The work of righteousness shall be peace, and the effect of righteousness quietness, and the assurance (footnote to hope) forever" -Isaiah 32:17
I know that what we are doing as servants of God is the works of righteousness. Since I've read this scripture, it always comes to my mind when I feel stressed or like nothing is happening. Peace. Quietness. Assurance forever. Surely this is righteousness in all aspects of our work and examples, and surely this is touching the lives of others. We want this for all!


I love you all and hope you have an amazing week! 

Con carino,

Hermana Day​
__________________________________________

September 2, 2015

Wooooo! Quite the week! 
Last week, on Tuesday, I went to a meeting for Sister training leaders. I get to drive the car when we go to these meetings....oh boy do I love the sweet air conditioning in my face when it gets to hot! Later that day still got to bike around and knock on doors in the area :) ...then I hit a screw. again. and the tube popped. again. shout out to Target and $6 tubes . . . again. 
A General Authority from the 70 came this weekend, Elder and Sister Hamula. There was a stake fireside with him on Sunday, an all day conference as a mission on Monday, and we had MLC (Mission Leadership Counsel) yesterday with him as well! He gave us some AMAZING trainings.
He spoke a LOT about faith, revelation, grace, trust, and the power of God. It was an amazing session! I practically have a full notebook of notes from the Spirit! Here are some amazing quotes and thoughts from the time we had to learn from a fellow disciple of God and a true witness of His Restoration!:
-Trust what comes to you. It shall come! 
-Our Heavenly Father lets us make decisions. He will confirm the righteous ways.
-We are the VERY best that our Heavenly Father has. We are here in faith.
-Grace is the power to BE and DO what we cannot be and do on our own  *see D&C 124:1, "God gave me grace to fulfill my duty"
-When you act, act prayerfully, it is all right with the Lord
One more quote that I absolutely LOVED, just think of if being said with such power of spirit! 
"Oh my word. If you could see. If we could part the curtains. You would drop to your knees weeping -- seeing your glory then. Seeing your glory now. and next."
What an amazing conference! What an amazing work of the Lord! We see miracles and blessings everyday and I am so grateful to be a part of this missionary work at this time and here in the wonderful San Fernando valley :) 

Anyway, this week was awesome. Tiring, and full of work, but amazing!
I love you all lots and lots and wish you all an amazing new school year :) Haz lo justo!
Con carino,
Hermana Day

No comments:

Post a Comment