Friday, August 7, 2015

Summer Lasts Until September Here! (Includes notes home from the last 3 weeks)

​​
New Missionary and New Companion, Hermana Barfuss
Natalie!

Pretending to wash my face in a Bird Bath -- My cousin Harry and I really did this when we were 8 years old!


Homemade Churros


Cards from my extended family from the Day Reunion! 

My favorite reunion Tshirt!
07/20/2015
"Insert Title Here"

Transfer calls have come and.....I'm staying in El Camino! Most of my district is leaving and I got a call from the assistants to the president last night and ....... turns out .... I'm training a new missionary who is coming straight from the MTC

President has started a super cool new thing called "Knock Out" hour, where from 4-6 every day we just knock doors and find people.

We went to get free Slurpees at the 7-11 twice! They were so yummy.

Here's a super sweet quote about prayers:

"In His mercy, the God of heaven, the Creator and Ruler of all things everywhere, had heard a prayer of a very minor thing. One might ask why He would concern Himself with something so small. I am lead to believe that our Heavenly Father loves us so much that the things that are important to us become important to Him, just because He loves us. How much more would He want to help us with the big things that we ask, which are right?" -Elder Cornish, Ensign


love you all! con carino,
hermana day


07/27/2015
"Woo! Summer lasts until September here!"

It's been quite the week -- as usual, I mean, we're missionaries...and we have missionary work to do!​

This week we've been working on stating simply and clearly the gospel truths. I found this awesome quote from "Preach My Gospel" book:

"Know that truths so well that you can state it clearly. To be known, the truth must be stated and the clearer and more complete the statement is, the better the opportunity will the Holy Ghost have for testifying to the souls of men that the work is true" (pg 182).

One of the coolest things as a missionary is all the time that we are given to study; you truly learn so much and strengthen and deepen the testimony of the truths of this gospel. I am forever grateful for this indepth time I have to truly study the scriptures. To learn from obedience, and share what I learn to help others in their lives. :)

Had an amazing experience this week-- after constantly being denied and having doors shut in our faces, and given all kinds of excuses, we knocked on the door of a VERY prepared husband and wife :) Victor and Nora let us in and we shared a quick lesson about the Restoration. They had AMAZING questions and we were able to hand them the Book of Mormons we had randomly placed in our bags earlier that day :) They are so amazing and so nice, right off the bat we felt a happy spirit and we testified of the truth

Anyway, lots and lots happen every day, by the end I am sooo ready to sleep! There are many miracles in our lives daily and I love you all! Have an amazing week!

con carino,

hermana day



08/03/2015
"Ain't No Rest for the Missionaries"

Thank ya'll for the wonderful packages and notes and love!! Hope you enjoy the cute photos as well :) I LOVED all the cards from the family reunion and I was so very happy to get my own Tshirt! The Survivor one is my favorite!

I'm loving El Camino ward and the members are so cute -- Hna Adriana Rodriguez gave us some awesome bike shorts and we got shoes perfect for biking and proselyting!! Then we celebrated our birthdays with some cake :) She's getting us some cute sweatpants in a few days as well -- she's sooooo cooooool!!!!!! I love her tons and tons, she's preparing to go to the temple in October ahhh! :D :D :D

This week we've had a lot of adventures and have had some awesome lessons and testimony-bearing moments :) I love this work and this gospel! This week I learned that sometimes things fall through over and over again, but the Lord STILL has a plan for you and we can control our attitudes and reactions and still be optimistic and have fun with it all :)

Love you all tons and tons! Enjoy your weeks!

Con carino,

Hermana Day


No comments:

Post a Comment