Wednesday, July 8, 2015

'Cause we're halfway there, wooo-oooh, Livin' on a Prayer...

Take my hand, we'll make it swear, wooo-oooh, livin on a prayer"   (this one's for you mom)

It's been a pretty decent week! For missionary work and all that good stuff, not too much craziness has happened, which is a little unusual, but that's a'ight. 

It's freaking hot outside here. You literally bake in the heat. Biking...well....biking is quite the adventure. No worries though, I drink soooo much water. Plus, there's these 99 cent slush puppies/icees from food 4 less that i take around with me, they're the best. 

We did some service at the armry this week where we put together a bunch of packages for the military. It was pretty awesome! :) Lots of us missionaries were there, so tons of fun and we got a LOT of packages sent out! eso!
Here's some funny stories from the week:
-someone said i looked like the greek godess aphrodite because of my red hair>?
-i got to play the piano for sacrament meeting OTRA VEZ, and this time they decided randomly on an intermediate hymn. As i got up to play it, and opened up the hymn book, the pages went from 41 and skipped to 45 . . . it was super funny . . . 'cause like the music sheets weren't there . . . and there were no other himnos up there . . . luckily, my companion has my back and ran up another hymn book. It was hilarious. Mostly my playing. Just kidding, turns out I can play the piano pretty decently and prettily :) using those talents....


Anyway, lots of miracles nonetheless and here's a cool scripture that stood out to me this week :)

2 Nephi 33:3-4
"But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For i pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry.
And I know that the Lord God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people. And the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them; for it persuadeth them to do good; it maketh known unto them of htier fathers; and it speaketh of Jesus, and persuadeth them to believe in him, and to endure to the end, which is life eternal."


Talk about missionary work! Nephi described it perfectly--we really do looove our people here and do everything for them! Missionary life is the best!

Love you all lots and lots! Have a great week!

Con carino,

Hermana Day

Ginger Brea FROM HOME ran into me at my apartment!

Starfish bracelet from boy at church

100 degree weather playing Frisbee and football as a zone

No comments:

Post a Comment