Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I'm Starting to Show My "Year Mark"

Vivian Rides with us Sometimes!

I know it's not quite my year mark, but it's starting to show . . . Hermana Barfuss will quote movies or ask me if I've seen something or heard of something . . . and I have to deny it!  Que en el mundo!?

We met a Rabbi who was named "the Chosen one"  and he also happens to look JUST like Nigel Thornberry from the Wild Thornberry's cartoon from way back when. And I quote, "Missionaries like you are pretty cool, but Rabbi's are cooler." I denied his fist pump.

It is so freaking hot outside -- hit 120 TWICE this week while we were knocking on doors, the rest of the week has been a nice and cool 110. Yep. Just said that. The best time of the day is when the sun goes down though. It drops a good 20-25 degrees.

It happened to be so freaking hot that my bike tire flopped out. By flopped out I mean, stopped working. I figured at first it was because I was just tired, but 3 minutes later and only 10 feet further, I decided it had to be my bike. Flipped it over and took a look at it. My tire was practically DEAD. And dead tires are not good tires. And it's a Sunday.

I spent a few minutes observing my tire and picking out shards of glass and all thatroad stuff. Walked the bike back and came up with some plans of what to do with getting a new tire, etc. I felt impressed to check the tube inside as well and prayed that maybe just fixing that would work. As we made it back inside the apartment and took some more time to check my bike-- it was just my tube that was popped (WHAT? BLESSINGS!!!!). It had practically exploded and worn out to the point where there wasn't really a simple hole to "patch" -- so the tube repair kit wasn't going to hold it. But I knew we could take care of it and all I needed was a $5 tube from Target. The amazing elders ran over this morning and got one for us and all worked out well :) #BikeLife. It's the best!

Fruits are everywhere! Right now we're getting a lot of limes and lemons from contacts and we can see bananas growing, woooo! :D Super fun! (p.s. they really DO grow "up-side down")

I looove personal studies and digging into the scriptures and receiving revelation! I had a really cool insight this week and have decided to share:

"I think one of the most important things I've learned (and am learning) on my mission is how to serve those around me. I know now how to show my love. I know how to help people be happy and find confidence in themselves. I've realized that is where my joy comes from -- seeing those I love be happy! My life--not just 18 month mission--is to SERVE. To help those around me in any way that will help them. The Lord has blessed and helped me to realize the purpose and importance to SERVE." 

I promise that "You will find that the true key to happiness is to labor for the happiness of others." (True to the Faith, Serve). 

Go out and be amazing my lovely friends and family! I love you all tons and tons!

Con carino,


Hermana Day

No comments:

Post a Comment