Sunday, May 24, 2015

What a Wonderful Kind of Day, Hey! ♫

Elder Anderson and Hermana Day

Biking with Groceries

Making Homemade Churros

Lego Store on Pday

Fun with Kids

Ashley and I were given clay from Axl



My Comp, Hermana Escobar


Speed Racer!


Hola Hola Familia!

Last night we were crossing the street when the flashing-white-cross-walk-dude was on; some punk kid turning right hit my companion as we biked across the cross walk. She flew! My bike ran into the side of his car, but somehow--with timing wise and physics and all that--my bike tire just ended up getting stuck between the wheel and cart, so I didn't go flying, I just like...stopped....the angels were definitely there! I instantly jumped off my bike and ran to Hna Escobar, lying in the street. I picked her up and walked her over to the curb, she was having a panic attack at this point​, so I just hugged her, let her cry and yell, and called everyone- literally-- the district leader, the zone leaders, the cops.

It was pretty chaotic, but we're all good. Hna Escobar doesn't even have one single scratch or bruise! We were definitely being watched over!

So many people were there making a crowd and the poor punk kid was only 18 with his little 12 year old brother and was scared that he'd have to go to jail. So I had to deal with calming him down at the same time and the whole time not knowing what to do even do.

Out of nowhere, someone stopped and for some reason I instantly and only trusted him. I didn't know what to do or who else to call or how to help Hna Escobar and she wouldn't tell me if anything hurt, and he was just there and he was calming me down and telling me what to do and he moved our bikes out of the road and he picked up and held our purses and he talked to 911 for us and he helped me "fight" the firefighters and paramedics to let me in the ambulance with my companion.

He was quite the angel! When the elders came, they knew him, it turns out he's a member of the church who hasn't come recently, and they've only seen him once. His name is Hermano Suarez, and oh my word he is an angel, he helped me so much! I didn't have to worry about anything.

The EMTs checked Hna Escobar  and she's all good. The only "damage" is the bike tire needed to be pumped up.

#BikeLifeIsCrazy


Con Carino,

Hermana Day

No comments:

Post a Comment