Wednesday, May 27, 2015

My Skater Friends

Skater Friends
Just a flesh wound!


Favorite Neighbors!



Fourth Bike, Second New Bike
  
Hola Hola Familia y Amigos! :) 

This week has been pretty crazy....AWESOME!

First off, on Thursday I took a nice slam into the sidewalk. I hit a crack in the road--and can usually catch myself, but this time apparently needed to learn a lesson--so I hit the sidewalk and got this pretty nasty, yet very cool, road rash. Close to us there was a CVS so I limped over. As we locked the bikes, some kind man stopped me and told me I should probably put a band-aid on that leg of mine. Great idea, Sir.

Some little skater-kids all went "ooooooooo" and a few days later I met up with them again on the sidewalk and they asked how my leg was hahaha :)

Elder Otto and Elder Green came to the rescue with giant band-aids and bought me some chocolate! The CVS employee gave me a huge roll of paper-towels from the back, and we sat down and cleaned up my wound and tried to stop the bleeding.  

Later that night we were all joking around about my "flesh wound" being "tis but a scratch" 

[She is referencing "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" Just a Flesh Wound scene, here's the link, it's at about 2 min:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikssfUhAlgg ]

And so because no one understood the reference, the next morning, Hna Escobar called our mission nurse and told her that I had a giant flesh wound on my leg! The nurse was like "AHHH DOES SHE NEED STITCHES!?" but that's not what Hna Escobar heard, so she responded, "YES, Of course we got pictures!" haha hahahaa

We've been teaching a little 9 year old girl, Nathaly, the daughter of our inactive member from Spain who is coming back from church :) Her baptism date is THIS SUNDAY! THE 31st OF MAY!!! AHHH!!! We love her so much. I taught her how to make some origami swans and she drew us a picture :) I looove this work, missions are amazing!

Anyway, it's been an amazing week :) I love you all sooooooo much :) Keep being awesome and keep reading the scriptures! :) The gospel is true!

Con Carino,

Hermana Day


No comments:

Post a Comment