Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Redheads Biking

First Bike, stolen after one day of use

New Comp, fellow Redhead, Hermana Escabar 

Jose and Rebekah

Service River Clean up

Second Bike with Camo tires, stolen after second day 
Hola Hola todos!

Welcome to #BikeLife ! :) 

I got a super sweet bike from the previous sister missionary when she was transferred out. I love to stand and ride and coast, the church is about 3 miles away.

…However…

the next morning, my bike was STOLEN FROM THE FLIPPIN GARAGE and it has NEVER happened here before!

So we went and I bought a cheap $90 bike with blue camouflage tires! I duct-taped it up, put grocery bags on it etc. We kept them in the apartment. Saturday night we chained--literally CHAINED--them to the post, quickly heading off to stake conference. There were 4 other bikes down there......

Sunday morning; woke up; went down to the garage; AND ONLY MY BIKE WAS STOLEN AGAIN …they cut the chain, AND ONLY TOOK MINE AGAIN! Ahhhhhh!! I'm using an Elder's old, junko bike for now.  AND we are hiking our bikes up 3 flights of stairs to our apartment.

My new companion is Hermana Escobar! She's a fellow redhead and is from Texas/Mexico! She's super sweet and loves to laugh too, so we get along, and she is really helping me out with my Spanish!

On Saturday we had a service activity for the valley, cleaning up a river. It was pretty fun! A lot of us missionaries were there and some of my Burbank family as well :) We really just got to pick up a bunch of trash from the park! We all had shopping carts -- literally, people just have shopping carts everywhere here as their bags/homes/junk drawers-- full of trash! 

In my new area we speak Spanish about 99% of the time and it's soooooooooo sweet!

One convert we visit is Hermana Adriana Rodriguez. We went over for a of beans and rice, and she has these adorable and very energetic 3 young daughters.  Hna Rodriguez swears she knows me from somewhere! We couldn't decide where, so decided on the fact that we had to have known each other and meet each other here in this life! :) She's too adorable! I love her tons!

I looooooove horchata, to the point where i have about 6 recipes of it and make it in the apartment and live off of it! sooo good! 
  
Thank you for all your prayers and all your love! I love you all so much and hope you all have an amazing week!

Con carino,

Hermana Day



No comments:

Post a Comment