Wednesday, April 1, 2015

♪ ♫ Las Hermanas sang as they walked, and walked, and walked, and walked, annnnnnd walked ♪ ♫









Hola Hola mis amigos! :)

Apparently our Burbank library was closed yesterday thanks to Caeser Chavez Day I had no clue who that was until Mom googled it for me--- in 1962 he started a union to help migrant workers get more pay and better conditions.) It's been super hot this week, hitting 105 one day when we were walking. I just can't even imagine the summer! ah!

General Women's Conference was soooo good! If you haven't seen it, go look up some quotes on pinterest or something because I looooved it! Wanna know the coolest part?? I WATCHED IT IN SPANISH! I learned a few new words and got some awesome notes. My favorite talk was by Hermana Oscarsen, who talked about being defenders of the light and truth! I loved how she just straight up told us how to be great AND told us to be supporters and defenders of marriage, families, and motherhood :) I am soooooooo excited for General Conference this weekend -- and yes, ALL four sessions! It's going to be great! I am sooo excited to receive more revelation and guidance from our awesome prophet and his counselors and to feel the spirit testifying of our wonderful Savior, because it'll also be Easter!

We've been getting more cenas with the miembros this week, the amazing Hna. Castillo took a calendar around and had everyone in our area sign up! #FeedYourMissionaries!

She also treated us to some Porto's the other day, soooooooo delicious!!! She's not even in our area, but she sure does love us as much as we love her! I am loving this ward and area

 Hna Guevara is super cute. She always gives us a snack and some Fanta soda -- speaking of which the other day I got to have flan. It's like eggs and soggy bread mushed together into a "pudding" Some people like it, I am not yet one of them.... -- anyway, she and her son are very cute!

I ate watermelon this week, with chili salsa on it, because why not?  It was out for dinner and I ate it.

Here's some scriptures I liked this week, I've been reading through D&C:
"Ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of truth." D&C 50:40     

"Behold, I, the Lord . . . will crown the faithful with joy and rejoicing" D&C 52:43
(now that's just super happy, who wouldn't want that crown!:)

"Ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye have borne is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon; and they rejoice over you..."

Now this one is very special to me and really touches my heart. It's very nice to know that after all these testimonies I am sharing that they will be remembered, that I will never forget this knowledge and that it means something to those around me. I invite you all to share your testimonies, even if it's as simple as "I know that Christ lives" or "I know that answers come through prayers," because this is what changes lives and this restored gospel is truly amazing! :)

I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week! I know that Christ is our wonderful Savior.

con carino,

Hermana Day

No comments:

Post a Comment