Tuesday, March 31, 2015

It Hit 98 Degrees This Week. I am a new shade of Red!

March 16th

New Companion, Hermana Rodriguez
H Rodriguez is a new convert from CT, but only a couple years, 
she is originally from the Dominican Republic, and Rebekah
LOVES that they speak Spanish most of the time!

Pday FLOUR fight,Hermanas Glauser, Day, Jensen

Elder Gamble-Thomas and Hermana Day


Pretty Sunset (pretty girl too!)

Approved Street Art, Downtown Burbank

Silly faces with the Ramirez family

Elder Small, English speaking Elder, she met him at an EFY a few years ago!


Hola Hola

Pday last week we got together as a zone and played some capture the flag and had a flour fight, it was so fun!

Funny story, Jose and Edith fed us tacos, yum! Until they had us try a second taco, with "vaca de lengua" yep…I had a COW TONGUE taco. Officially the weirdest thing yet! This week I also got to try papaya, it wasn't ripe yet though. We get a lot of pescado (fish) out here with rice and it's very good!

I attended my first transfer meeting EVER on Tuesday and it was pretty good! My new companion is super adorable! Her name is Hermana Rodriguez, she is from the Dominican Republic (wooo my Spanish is going to sky rocket!!) and currently her family is living in Connecticut :) She likes to speak to me a lot in Spanish, now I just have to work on responding in Spanish! :) She's super cute and we are working along with the contacting and teaching and we do role plays every day to help!

I get to drive around everywhere as well, turns out I actually know the area, even though it is pretty big! :) I've never been so thankful for AIR CONDITIONG in my whole entire life! It hit 98 degrees here this week, with the other 2 days being around 94. Talk about SUNNY! I'm loading up on the sunscreen and reapplying a lot, no worries there, still got a little bit of a burn and reddened cheeks but what do you expect, I'm a redhead, we weren't built for the sun haha :)

We found some service to do as well, and we're helping out Hna. Guevara as she helps one of her vecinos (neighbors) by trimming their bushes and weeding the yard -- it needs a LOT of work so we started helping her out in the afternoons as well. It's the MIDDLE of the day and the hottest times, but the Lord is blessing us with service and he gave me some shade :) The coolest part is, we don't have many tools to be doing the yard work and getting rid of the thorny bushes, so ... I got to use a MACHETE! Yup, that's right. SUPER AWESOME! I did ask for a way to exercise my arms more, so here it is!  Afterwards we share messages with Hna Guevara and have Ginger-Ale and bluberry bread :) She's so cute :)

I love this missionary work and the people I'm meeting and everlasting friendships that I am making with the members, community members, missionaries, and ultimately, with my Savior. <3

I love you all lots and lots! Also, check out the Engisn article, "Follow the Path of Happiness" by Bishop Gerald Causse, its' very good! :)

Have a good week! May the Spirit be with you as you continue to feel God's love for you throughout the week <3

Con Carino,
Hermana Day 

No comments:

Post a Comment