Monday, March 30, 2015

Working in Burbank!

MARCH 23rd

Hola Hola!

Before I went on my mission, I had no clue how much missionaries got to know each other, now that I am here it is the coolest thing ever! Hanging out with other missionaries is so much fun! We're all in the "awkward" missionary life and get to share the funny stories, the Milagros, and the testimonies. I'm building friendships out here that I've never had before, and as much as I loooove the friendships I have with the members and recent converts and investigators etc. I am even more grateful for the friendships I am making with these missionaries I have been blessed to serve with! Their examples are amazing, their spirits always lift mine, and I really just can't describe how much I love my missionaries surrounding me! I love this opportunity of eternal friendships and yep, I'm tearing up, being a missionary is so awesome-- in ALL aspects!

I HAD MOLEY AGAIN!!! AGAIN, FLIPPIN AGAIN!? ayudame!!!!!! I've had it 4 times now, it does NOT settle well, and I think I've had it more often than all the elders in their missions here put together! go figure! haha

We went to district meeting on Martes, I've had a prayer the past few days asking for just something, anything to come along and prove to us that we're good missionaries and to have some miracles! During district meeting, Elder Reynolds gave a training about "how to be a successful missionary." It was soo inspired! "Wanna know how you can be a successful missionary, Hna Day? ...YOU ALREADY ARE!" Ahhhhh, thank you Spirit!!! <3 I cried, so did Hna. Rodriguez.

Our cita with Jose and Abel was tons of fun, boy do I miss them!! Their smiles and spirits are so uplifting and oh how I love them! I started crying during the lesson some because we were talking about temple work and sacerdocio (WHICH!!!! JOSE BLESSED THE SACRAMENT YESTERDAY!! AHHH!!! I TEARED UP AS WELL!!!!! AND THEY'RE ALREADY THINKING ABOUT GIVING HIM THE MELCHEZEDIC PRIESTHOOD!!! AHHH MOST PEOPLE WAIT ALMOST A YEAR!!!!!!!) anyway, I teared up in the lesson because I realized something so amazing!! Jose can go through the temple next February, and because I was the missionary for his baptism, I GET TO GO WITH HIM THROUGH THE TEMPLE!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY DREAMS!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!<3 He's so amazing!

I know that this gospel is true and I love my Savior so much! I am super excited for General Conference coming up -- invite your friends to come listen to the Prophet's voice! And it's also Easter -- what!? Awesome!

I love you all sooooooooo much! Big hugs!!!!!

Con carino,

Hermana Day

FOR P-Day this week, we were able to take the Walking "Cities" Tour at Universal Studios
Hermana Castellano, from Honduras

Giving Iron Man a High 5

Cool Dudettes!

Hermana Rodriguez and Hermana Day at Universal Studios

Niiiiiice!

Sisters in the Zone

Selfie with my Hermanas

No comments:

Post a Comment