Monday, February 9, 2015

Crunchy M&Ms are the best; they got me through a meeting.


Hola Hola familia!

 I ate Mole' again, this time with drumsticks and baked potato, not too bad.

We've been seeing Jose and Jossymar and Abel every day, teaching and preparing them for baptism....THIS SUNDAY!!!!!!!! The other day, I randomly turned around as we were walking out and asked Abel if we could come over to visit and talk with him. He was so excited! We ended up having a dinner (I ate trout!!!! Jose was a professional chef, so it was soooooo yummy!) Abel told his story, he's been a druggie and alcoholic since he was a teenager but now he's seen his brother's example and the blessings the gospel has already brought into Jose's life and it made Abel realize how much he's missing and how "sick" he was. Oh it's the coolest story! Now Abel is hanging out with Obispo, going to his addiction recovery meetings, and coming to church!! He's reading the Book of Mormon again and taking notes on it all and loooooevs talking about the gospel with us! Oh I teared up the other day when we had the dinner with him. After our spiritual thought, he told us how we were angels, not only for his brother but for him as well. He gave me the greatest compliment
  
The other day E. Blakeley--de Mexico--told me how he's never met any missionary his whole mission who could speak such rapid Spanish and wasn't a native and he was shocked that I only had a few years in high school and a few months out here. Super sweet! I still have to put a lot of work into it and do my part, but its soooooo coooool! I LOVE SPANISH!  Funny contact, we ran into someone who spoke some Spanish and he asked if we knew English and I was like "ehhhh, solo un poquito" it was hilarious, because then I started talking very fast in Spanish and for a little bit he believed me! :)

On a hard day of barely anyone on the streets or at home, I said a little prayer asking for a little "rest" and a miracle. We ran into someone from Venezuela who gave me a whole bag of grapefruits, yum!!! She led us over to her neighbors who were members, we got to talking and found out their neighbors spoke Spanish and got some more info etc. They gave us some cookies with milk, and we got to share a scripture and find out that they were both from Tahiti! The wife went to the Cook Islands on her mission, super cool! They were very sweet and it was quite the cute little break up for the day  
I've started eating Flaming Hot Cheetos. They are actually very good. I like to put lemon/lime juice on them sometimes and they tend to stain your fingers, it's like a mark of beauty out here, bringing a lot of pride and "yeah, that's right, I can eat spicy stuff" Now I rate things on the spicy scale of nothing to flaming hot Cheetos.

Here's  a scripture I really liked this week:
Doctrine & Covenants 84:88, "And whoso receiveth you, there will I be also, for I will go before you face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts and mine angels round about you to bear you up."

How awesome! Right now, for me, this scripture is about our Savior's love and how as a missionary he is right there guiding this work, preparing the people, and helping me become a better missionary and a better me :) The Savior is always there, through all times of life, just be sure to do your part and seek HIM :)

I love you all lots and keep being amazing!

Con carino, Hermana Day









No comments:

Post a Comment