Sunday, October 12, 2014

Week 3 "We've been playing volleyball because four square hasn't been open!"








Hola familia y amigos!

Que pasa? Hope all is going well! General Conference last week was AMAZING! And it's even cooler to be able to read the talks on the ipad! I got to read some of the talks on the day I really needed some motivation and it was amazing! That day I was like a spiritual giant and my lesson with our new investigator, Rebeca, fue magnifico! The spirit was SO strong! And I can't remember what I said in Spanish exactly, but it made sense. We showed her a Mormon Message and she teared up, and so did i, so i think that means it went pretty well! Mormon Messages are awesome!


We have a second investigator also, Adrian, and it went pretty well the other day, at first he wasn't interested in ANYTHING but now we've got him to at least start praying again because we shared experiences and bore testimony of how important prayer is and how it has changed our vidas for the better! Again, I've learned that as long as I put in a LOT of time to learn Spanish and study it and prepare, then the gift of tongues helps me out and all of a sudden in lessons I'm speaking Spanish that can at least be somewaht understood! haha it's amazing! :)

Also, in case you haven't caught ton yet, our investigators are totally both our teachers, Hermana Valdez and Hermano Mace, both of them are AWESOME! I sure did get blessed with an amazing district, zone, and wonderful maestros! They are so fun! We always play games and always have testimony meetings at the end of the day and oh it's just so great! We also sing hymns at the start of class and yesterday we sang "loor al profeta" (praise to the man in English) to the tune of "come thou font of every blessing" and on the third verse, we hummed and Hermana Valdez recited the (spanish of course) first vision scirptures, then we sang the last verse and AHHHH!!!! It was soooo amazing!!!!! The spirit was so strong, well, it's always strong here, it's the MTC after all, so it was even more powerful and oh I just love it! eso!

This week we also started TRC, where we skype with investigators in spanish, but because it was our first time we just met with members in person to practice with and next semana we'll have it almost every day and via skype later too!  WAAAAT!  Awesome!


Our ipads are super handy, and we found out though that California doesn't get them until about 2 months into our mission, but that's okay because the people in charge of our focus group (the elearn and ipad pilot program people) said that we got to start with the ipads because they chose students who were really smart (now that's just their rumor, but we're totally believing it because who doesn't want that compliment) 

 Also, west campus is amazing! unfortunately they're clearing everyone out of it, my branch moves on October 30, which i guess it's nice because that means we only have a few days until we leave for the field! What's weird though is that I am halfway through my time here at the MTC!!! Crazy!!!  At west campus, "investigators" (some are members, some are not) walk around the park area (which i need to get a photo of and send you sometimes because its soooo beautiful) and we talk to them during our lunch picnics and such and practice Spanish, it's awesome, I loooove it here, but I'm excited for the field too (once i learn more! haha.)  

The people I am closest with in my district (although we all get along perfectly and love each other so much! we're like a family here!) anyway, my close friends here are the ones going to California too, so that's exciting! I hope to see them in my wards and maybe even be a companion with them too! I sent some temple photos of my district with the names of each and where they're headed too! our zone is really fun, and it's kinda nice being the "oldest" distrito here because we get to do all these fun devotionals every night (I did one the other night, where we watched the Mormon Message "You never Know" it was AMAZING!! Go watch it!) and oh I just love it! eso!

The MTC is great, we're probably going to Brigham's Landing later as a zone, because we can and it's awesome and has the cutest cupcake shop ever (cocoa bean) so I'm excited!!

Also, thanks for the Halloween candy and notes and Pinterest quotes Aunt Sara!!! Looooooooove it!!! :) :) And thanks for the letter Gramma and thanks for the pictures and drawing  and notes, family! :) 

Y esta semana fue loca! especially friday (which was yesterday, what!? the days are sooooo long here but the weeks fly by!) anyway, yesterday was crazy! first off, I totally sprained my ankle playing volleyball (see below at "extra stories.")

Also, I¨m thinking of maybe cutting my hair some because it´s so crazy hot in California and it´s hard enough to do my hair here! Ah! Pero no sé, oh well! Also, I looooove dearelders, keep ém coming! =D and thanks for everything! 


Anyway, on to the good stuff! 
Chistoso (funny) historias de esta semana:

-The Elders have been raving over how good these "otter pops" are and how they have them every night and they're full of sugar and like "the best treats ever!" So  they brought some over for us to try and it turns out Otter Pops are literally just FREEZE POPS! Do you know how disappointed I was, to realize these amazing treats were really just frozen flavorless ice! Haha it was hilarious to see my reaction, so apparently freeze pops are called otter pops here 

-Also, our maestros, Hermana Valdez y Hermano Mace are SUUUUPER cute together and ah we are just totally wanting them to date, so we made a deal! If we accomplish the goal they give us this week (which we don't know what it is yet, but it will probably be HSI (speak your language) or memorize the primero vision) then they will go on a date together at the end of the week (where they are required to take photos as proof) so we're all super excited, because they are both so fun and super cute! eso!

-haha so we've been playing volleyball because four square hasn't been open (btw there used to be a 9 square game here, where el Rey (king) would be in the middle to show awesome skills, anyway it's not here anymore but totally add that to our list of competitive games to play) Anyway, volleyball has been going well and my skills have increased to being able to spike the ball and get some awesome high fives (from Hermanas, and hand shakes from elders of course) and so Friday, I totally ran up and dove for this ball (oops, not supposed to) and got to the ball and had this super sweet shot that went over the net and gave us the point (not that we keep track)....unfortunately when I got to the ball I totally landed on my ankles wrong and I heard this nasty sound and then I just kinda was sitting there and then I tried to get up but I totally fell back down and it was hilarious, so the elders helped me up and helped me limp over to a chair, where we watched my right ankle swell so big, it was crazy, so then we hobbled me over to the physical trainer in another dome (#splits), where we like plastic wrapped a bag of ice to my ankle, then later wrapped it, and apparently I've sprained my right ankle and I barley twisted my left one so I didn't tell her about that one because I don't want crutches, so I've been limping around on my sore left ankle, but that one is all good, and my right ankle is bruised and swollen still and we keep applying ice and keep wrapping it and such, I've gotten really good at limping down stairs, so it's all good! We like to call it my battle wound, because they promise I actually had a sweet movie style hit and it was worth it haha, anyway so limping is tons of fun, mostly because now the elders will do even more stuff for me, like get me snacks from the vending machine because they don't want to wait for me to hobble over there haha, and I get handshake high fives from the elders I played against because my dive and battle wounds were super sweet--see the bright side of this is really fun! :) plus it's just fun to laugh about it all, I strongly suggest the daily medicine of taking everything moment by moment with a smile on your face! :)

-also, Aunt Sara, we saw that chocolate frog harry potter candy and my companion totally fell into the couch with pure excitement! haha :) 

Love you all lots and lots! Big hugs! 

♥♥♥♥♥♥ Love from,  Hermana Day

No comments:

Post a Comment