Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Why I Am Serving a Mission


North Hollywood District

President Henrie, Hermanas Day and Berger
Hey family and friends!

Anyway, I love you all lots and Hna. Berger and I are staying together for another transfer! It will be her 5th transfer in the area! We are suuuuper excited!  Some of my favorite missionaries/friends are here serving together and I am so stoked! :D ...not that I have favorites...

This week has been pretty sweet, many miracles as usual :) I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is coming up so soon!! We're going to some homes this week and next week  to set up some Christmas trees with them. Yay!

I don't have too much today and I'm afraid the power is going to go out because it's been going off and on because of the wind today!

This week I had a cool experience/testimony builder and wrote it down, thought I'd share it:

"People always ask me why I am here serving a mission. At first, it was a simple reason and the usual. It still is. But there's also a lot more to it. I have truly fallen in love with this work -- with this cause. I can feel, in comparison, even the smallest portion of God's everlasting love for us, and I can barely contain it!

To answer this question, I'm going to start with another. The other night someone asked me, "how do you know this Gospel is true?" I heard a little voice whisper in my heart. I always have. From early on, I knew the love of Christ and our Heavenly Father. From there, it all just falls into place. It makes sense. My heart and soul feel full. I wouldn't be me without this gospel in my life.

I stay faithful because I know my Heavenly Father exists and I trust in His every word, counsel, promise, blessing, and warning that He gives--whether through His prophets, the angels around me, the Holy Spirit, or revelation in any form... I know it is of Him.

And that's why I am on a mission. As simple yet complex as that: This gospel is true. Only through sacred ordinances can the promises be fulfilled.

For you out there: There is more. There is hope. There is peace and happiness possible in this life."


I love you all!!!!

Con carino,

Hermana Day


No comments:

Post a Comment