Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Day We Moved to Main Campus

So I've caught "the plauge" of course, right after it passes through my district. I have a sore throat, nasty cough, headache, and naseau, pero ayer I took a lot of naps and had dayquil and so last night i also took nyquil...my companera took nyquil also to sleep off the rest of her flu and we accidentally slept through our alarms this morning (both went off from 5:45-7 a.m. and we didn't even notice I guess) and so we totally slept through breakfast and through the west campus cafeteria picture (opps, we were really disappointed we missed that one) and we quickly ran to do our laundry. We finished packing and cleaning, made it just in time for the final west campus photo, and then took our wet clothes from laundry and shoved them in our suitcases because the buses were about to leave. We very chaotically were moved to the main campus, where we took our suitcases to our dorms. H. Woods and I share a whole dorm room of 6 bunk beds to ourself, so that's pretty dulce (sweet). Right now we're just living out of our suitcases because H. Woods leaves for California early Monday morning (yay for daylight savings time!) and then I'll be moved to another zone for the next few weeks here so that I can be in an intermediate Spanish class.  I don't get to keep my iPad and Elearn, aw man!) Anyway, it's all changing and going by so fast and oh my goodness! But I'm taking everything as it comes and trying to enjoy every moment! :)

 So, ayer (yesterday) was devotional and the General Primary President, Sister Wixom, came! How awesome is that! She gave an AMAZING talk that really lifted my spirit! Her topic was "What Think Thee of Christ?" 

Here are some scriptures she shared that I really like:  

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all thigns through Christ which strengtheneth me"

2 Nephi 22:2 "Behold, God is my Salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation"

Also, we sang "I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" and it made me tear up because it just sent me back to the basics and I believe in the Savior Jesus Chrsit and His truth I will proclaim! Because of Him I can find strength beyond my own! He is always with us, on our right hand and our our left. He lifts us up and bears our burdens. Because of Him, we can have happiness and we can have love in our lives. The Lord has a plan for each and every one of us and He knows what He is doing. He loves us all so much and will bless us constantly and beyond our imagination when we do what He asks us to do and when we strive to follow Him. 

I love you all so much! I hope you have a good week! 

<3 Hermana Day








No comments:

Post a Comment